Collectively within our trade mark team, our attorneys and lawyers have over 150 years of trade mark experience. We manage the Australian or worldwide portfolios of some of the largest Australian and multinational companies across sectors as broad as industrial products, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, financial services and fashion.
In most cases, we have assisted these clients with their portfolios for years, if not decades, demonstrating the strong value we, and our clients, place on relationships and service delivery.
As a specialist intellectual property firm, Shelston IP provides the full spectrum of trade mark and branding services:
- trade mark, domain name and business name searches and watches, including freedom-to-operate searches
- management of trade mark and domain portfolios
- preparation, lodgment and prosecution of trade mark applications in Australia, New Zealand and worldwide
- trade mark opposition proceedings
- trade mark non-use proceedings
- assignments and licensing
- trade mark and domain name disputes and litigation including infringement and validity advice, and cease and desist letters
- customs seizures
- trade mark, business name and domain name renewals and record keeping
- commercialisation advice and assistance including licensing, assignment and co-existence arrangements.
‘A formidable patent and trademark attorney firm, Shelston IP is home to 12 trademark experts offering a “solid” trademark service that runs the gamut. As “one of the largest inbound practices in Australia”, the firm is famed for its representation of Disney and Johnson & Johnson. “Highly experienced” trademark team leader Sean McManis dispenses “thorough and pragmatic advice”, while Gerard Skelly regularly features in IP Australia proceedings.’
Shelston IP Trade Marks Experts
Shelston IP trade mark attorneys appreciate the importance of maintaining and building brand equity, the critical role played by brands in the marketplace, and the value that effective brand management can add to any business.
All of our trade mark experts are fully conversant with the law and practice of the Madrid Protocol, to which Australia is signatory. The team will ensure your trade marks add tangible value to your business both locally and internationally.