In recent years, IP “buzzwords” have included superconductors, gene patents, business methods and computer software. Society’s ever-increasing environmental awareness now dictates that “cleantech” is the latest vogue.
The Shelston IP cleantech practice group is a team of committed, passionate patent professionals with specific experience and technical expertise focused on clean, green, renewable and environmentally-friendly technologies.
This dedicated team works closely with a broad spectrum of clients in the cleantech sector, ranging from innovative start-up companies, through major universities and research institutes, to collaborative research centres and large multinational corporations, at the forefront of clean energy and sustainable technology development.
Shelston IP’s clean technology expertise
Our expertise extends well beyond the creation of patents and other IP rights. We lead the field in the formulation and implementation of powerful, comprehensive and cost-effective patent strategies, seamlessly integrating the protection, management, commercialisation and enforcement of IP rights for sustainable, renewable, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly technology solutions in Australia and internationally.
Our cleantech group boasts high-level qualifications and industry experience directly relevant to this critically important emerging sector, including the following specific technologies:-
- Solar energy and power generation
- Solar panels and solar heating
- Wind and wave energy and power
- Geothermal energy and power
- Ocean energy and power
- Hydroelectricity and hydropower
- Alternative energy and power generation
- Clean coal power
- Nuclear energy and power
- Energy storage and reuse
- Renewable fuels including biofuels
- Hydrogen fuel cells
- Advanced battery technologies
- Low emission vehicles and transportation
How Shelston IP can assist with cleantech IP
We aim to understand each client’s technologies and IP positioning in order to offer focused solutions.
We can help clients:
- Conduct due diligence investigations to assess IP assets
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications
- Provide counsel on patent law, trademark law, copyright law, trade secret law and other areas of IP
- Negotiate and develop licensing agreements
- Develop IP portfolio management and protection strategies
- Enforce and defend IP assets through litigationor other dispute resolution
We are experienced in negotiating the requirements and challenges facing clients with smaller, developing IP portfolios versus those with larger, more mature portfolios. With constant surveillance of the technological and economic landscape, our team seeks strategic opportunities to create IP assets and exploit the potential of each technology in concert with our clients’ business plans.