Opportunities in Asia are increasing rapidly. Ensuring your IP position in Asia is as strong as possible – and enforceable should the need arise – is paramount to success in Asia. Asian markets provide some of the most exciting opportunities for business growth – within some of the most challenging and dynamic intellectual property frameworks.
At Shelston IP we have assisted many businesses from North America, Australia and Europe to navigate Asia’s fragmented markets, linguistic and cultural barriers, across diverse landlocked countries and various time zones.
Many booming industries across Asia, such as manufacturing, electronics and healthcare have placed pressure on Asian governments to strengthen the available IP protection. Progress has been made through a combination of legislation, law enforcement, capacity building, education and international cooperation – resulting in Asian markets being a much more attractive proposition.
- Asia accounts for almost half of all PCT applications – 47% in 2017 compared to EU (26%) and North America (25%)
- Top 10 PCT applicant list comprises 7 companies from Asia and 3 from US
- Asia will likely account for more than half of all PCT applications in 2018
Shelston IP operates a hub and spoke model for clients, a one-stop integrated IP filing and advisory service solution, so we become your strategic partner for Asia with a service offering that streamlines the process and provides a consistent approach to strategy and prosecution.
Collaborating with Shelston IP on your Asian strategy means you can be assured of convenience, certainty, co-ordination, consistency and cost-efficiency:
- Single point of contact via your Shelston IP Account Manager
- Unified & strategic management across jurisdictions
- Access to highly qualified & experienced English speaking Asian IP professionals
- Flexibility – from our extended and established associate network
- Drastic reduction in paperwork and administration
- Filings managed and coordinated to deadlines across various timezones
- Translations arranged in several languages
- Risk mitigation for cross-jurisdictional IP registration and protection
- Strategic identification of other IP exploits and opportunities
- Buying power – via our reputation and extended network.
If you would like to discuss our Asian service solution please contact Chris Bevitt at ChrisBevitt@Shelston IP.com or your Shelston IP contact for more information.