Gaming technologies and other computer-implemented inventions are a veritable hot spot of commercial and patent activity for both established and emerging companies in the entertainment, gaming and leisure industry.
Shelston IP has specific experience and technical expertise in this specialist field, serving app and game developers, gaming technology providers, and wagering and lottery systems developers, among others. Our expertise extends well beyond the creation of strong patent rights, although that in itself is crucial. We are leaders in this field in the formulation and implementation of comprehensive patent strategies tailored specifically to gaming systems and computer-implemented technologies, and in the adaptation of those strategies to this rapidly evolving field of law and practice, both in Australia and internationally. Our services also seamlessly integrate the protection, management, commercialisation and enforcement of these valuable IP rights, from a strategic portfolio perspective, to ensure sustainable competitive advantage for our clients.
Our clients benefit directly from our team’s unparalleled expertise in this dynamic business sector, which includes patenting in the following specific technologies:
- electronic gaming machines and supporting infrastructure
- lotteries, wagering and pari-mutuel gaming systems
- consumer interface technologies
- mobile apps
- content management and delivery systems
- innovative website functionalities
- advertising and promotional technologies
- social and business networking
- online retailing and digital marketing
- market research technologies
- computer software and cloud computing.
We provide all manner of supporting commercial law advice including in relation to:
- online and traditional advertising contracts
- website and social media terms and conditions
- trade competitions
- terms of trade
- IT contracts
- IP licensing
- privacy advice.
As the gaming and leisure sector is a heavily patented area, a key part of our services involves helping our clients safely navigate this sector and protect their IP. We can assist with:
- freedom to operate searches
- patent validity opinions
- issuing or responding to cease and desist letters
- issuing or responding to patent and copyright infringement litigation
- alternative dispute resolution.