MedTech innovation continues to evolve and drive growth. The global medical device and diagnostic technology market is estimated to grow by 5% or more annually until 2022, reaching nearly US$530 billion.
At Shelston IP we understand the complexity involved in commercialising technology in the MedTech industry and assist our clients with formulating suitable IP strategies.
Our Medical Technology team has an established track record across a wide spectrum of diagnostic, therapeutic and prosthetic medical technologies, including:
- implantation technologies and techniques
- pharmaceutical delivery devices
- cardiovascular aids including stents and pacemakers
- electronic patient monitors
- in vitro and in vivo diagnostic tools
- ultrasonic heart and blood flow monitoring
- audio signal processing
- surgical devices and techniques
How Shelston IP can help your medical technologies IP
Our expert team can support development and protection IP through:
- Patent, trade mark and design application drafting, prosecution and registration.
- Patent, trademark and design searching.
- Direct and National Phase Entry
- Divisional filing
- Innovation patents
- Direct Trade Mark filings
- Assistance with Madrid application prosecution
- Patent and Trade Mark licensing and litigation.
- Infringement and validity advice.
- Strategic IP portfolio creation, development and management.
- IP audits and “due diligence” advice.
- Negotiation, mediation and dispute resolution.
- Commercialisation advice
- Commercial transactions including licensing, collaborative R&D, technology transfer, and related IP agreements.
- IP opposition, litigation and enforcement.
Shelston IP’s medtech experts
Shelston IP’s MedTech team includes lawyers, patent attorneys, engineers and scientists to provide the right expertise across design, patents, trade marks, licensing, contracts and litigation.