A strong brand is more than just the trade name applied to a product or service. At Shelston IP we understand the increasingly important role of brands in the marketplace and their value as business assets. We appreciate that building and effectively managing brand equity is vital to establish and maintain competitive advantage.
Collectively within our trade mark team, our attorneys and lawyers have over 150 years of trade mark experience. We manage the Australian or worldwide portfolios of some of the largest Australian and multinational companies across sectors as broad as industrial products, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, financial services and fashion.
In most cases, we have assisted these clients with their portfolios for years, if not decades, demonstrating the strong value we, and our clients, place on relationships and service delivery.
As a specialist intellectual property firm, Shelston IP provides the full spectrum of trade mark and branding services:
- trade mark, domain name and business name searches and watches, including freedom-to-operate searches
- management of trade mark and domain portfolios
- preparation, lodgment and prosecution of trade mark applications in Australia, New Zealand and worldwide
- trade mark opposition proceedings
- trade mark non-use proceedings
- assignments and licensing
- trade mark and domain name disputes and litigation including infringement and validity advice, and cease and desist letters
- customs seizures
- trade mark, business name and domain name renewals and record keeping
- commercialisation advice and assistance including licensing, assignment and co-existence arrangements.
In 2015, Managing Intellectual Property ranked Shelston IP Tier 1 (the highest possible ranking) in the Trade Mark Prosecution category.
Principal, Sean McManis and Consultant, Gerard Skelly are both featured in the 2014 World Trade Mark Review 1000, and have each been named a 2016 IP Star in the categories IP Strategy and Counselling, Trade Mark Enforcement and Litigation, and Anti-Counterfeiting by Managing Intellectual Property.
Many of our team members are actively involved with the peak industry bodies including the International Trade Mark Association (INTA), Marques and the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group.