Shelston IP is committed to responsible corporate behaviour. We view ethical and socially responsible behaviour as an imperative: a personal moral obligation, good business practice, and an enlightened way to live and work.
We are dedicated to making a positive contribution and in recent times have contributed in the following ways:
Our pro bono program is a cornerstone of our Corporate Responsibility efforts. In 2014 we signed on to the National Pro Bono Resource Centre’s Aspirational Target. We also appointed Katrina Crooks as our Pro Bono Principal. Under Katrina’s stewardship, we are working hard to increase the amount of pro bono work we undertake, and improve how we record and report on our collective pro bono activities.
Our pro bono efforts include:
- Assisting one of Australia’s iconic brands, the Bondi Surf Bathers’ Life Saving Club, in managing and protecting its valuable trade marks.
- Serving on the roster of Arts Law Centre of Australia.
- Arranging for AccessEAP to present sessions on Building Resistence and Mental Health Awareness
- Donating blood through the Australian Red Cross.
- Participating in the Blackmore’s Sydney Running Festival to fundraise for Youth off the Streets
- Hosting morning teas for Pink Ribbon Day
- Participating in the Sydney to Gong Ride to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis research
- Participating in the Myer Christmas Gift Wrapping program in support of Vision Australia
- Making a corporate donation to Youth off the Streets as a substitution for sending printed Christmas cards
- Participating in the NSW Corporate Games and raising funds for the Cancer Council New South Wales.
- Participating in Earth Hour.