Shelston IP is ideally placed to advise and support healthcare clients seeking access to front-running expertise in the medical devices and diagnostic technologies.
Our professionals have impressive credentials across a broad range of health-related fields, including:
- implantation technologies and techniques
- pharmaceutical delivery devices
- cardiovascular aids including stents and pacemakers
- electronic patient monitors
- in vitro and in vivo diagnostic tools
- ultrasonic heart and blood flow monitoring
- audio signal processing
- surgical devices and techniques
Prior to qualifying as attorneys, many of our professionals held positions of seniority, responsibility and importance with international and local medical facilities and research institutes including:
- Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Sydney
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney
- Apollo Life Sciences
- St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney
- Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Munich
- Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney.
Our team has accumulated extensive experience assisting overseas clients to obtain local IP protection, and to commercialise and defend their patent rights in these specialist fields.
In addition, as a consequence of the shift to electronic health records, many healthcare sector clients are turning to IP law experts for advice on data security, privacy and freedom of information – in addition to their more traditional licensing and contractual requirements.