Patent Attorney – Life Sciences
Are you a Patent Attorney working in the life sciences, pharmaceuticals or medicinal chemistry field who would like to work on cutting-edge developments for local and overseas clients? Would you like to be involved in the protection and commercialisation of inventions in the life sciences field? Working with senior practitioners who are recognised for their expertise and client service? Thinking creatively about technical issues to achieve your client’s commercial objectives?
We are offering an opportunity for a Patent Attorney with at least 2 years’ experience in biotechnology/life sciences/medicinal chemistry to develop his or her career further with our team of experts in our Sydney office.
Shelston IP offers diverse and challenging work and provides you with opportunities to develop your skills and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in marketing activities and preparing articles and presentations. Working in a small team, you will adopt a flexible approach as you do whatever is necessary to ensure the task is completed and the clients’ expectations are met.
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- PhD in life sciences or related area e.g. cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, microbiology, biotechnology, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology
- Experience in patent prosecution and drafting in the biotech area
- Excellent technical and analytical skills in the life sciences or related area with a good working knowledge of chemistry/biochemistry
- Ability to consider and advise on technical issues within a commercial context
- Strong client service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail as well as the ability to conceptualise the ‘big picture’
- Time management and prioritising skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to take responsibility for your work and to see a job through.
What we offer
At Shelston IP we pride ourselves on our friendly and down-to-earth working environment where we reward our people for effort and achievements. We offer:
- The opportunity to work with a highly regarded team servicing global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Achievement awards for delivering outstanding client service
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Opportunity to participate in our pro-bono work, social and community events
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW by sending your cover letter and CV to Rae Barrow, People and Culture Business Partner at Careers@ShelstonIP.com. Your cover letter should explain how your qualifications and previous working experience makes you a suitable candidate for this role. Your application will be treated with strict confidence.
While this role is available for an immediate start, we will be flexible for the right candidate.