Unlike traditional large law firms, our core competence is intellectual property law. We are a leading provider of IP advisory services, focusing on the protection, management, commercialisation and enforcement of IP.
Our IP licensing and distribution legal services include:
- preparing IP licenses, research collaboration agreements and funding agreements
- preparing IT agreements including licensing, outsourcing and integration
- preparing distribution agreements, teaming agreements and reseller agreements
- providing advice in relation to trade mark licensing, sales and assignments and co-existence agreements
- film, TV and music production, acquisition and distribution.
For example, in recent times we have advised a major Australian supplier of gaming technology on its royalty obligations under cross-licensing agreements entered into with a large US company to give our client greater clarity on the true return from the arrangement.
We have also prepared a distribution agreement for the supply of conveyor belt repair systems by a North American distributor to achieve better royalty outcomes for our client; and reviewed and negotiated license agreements in the UK and France for an Australian supplier of fuel-efficient technology to assist our client in being appointed as the successful provider on reasonable commercial terms.
Our team recently prepared a trade mark licence agreement for an Australian stationery and party products supplier for the manufacture and distribution of branded products overseas to help our client launch into its international expansion phase.
We are also acting for an Australian licensee of medical technology in connection with negotiating an agreement and then advising on breaches by the licensor
Our professionals are active members of professional bodies including the Licensing Executives Society (Australia and New Zealand), The Society for Computers and the Law and The Intellectual Property Society of Australian and New Zealand.