Effective enforcement of IP rights under threat is a crucial element of strategic intellectual asset management. Acquiescence or undue delay in the event of infringement can prejudice your rights of enforcement and ultimately dilute the strength of your IP portfolio. On the other hand, failure to respond quickly if third-party rights are infringed can increase your exposure to liability. In all cases, a complex matrix of legal, commercial and tactical considerations comes into play.
Shelston IP’s wealth of experience means we know how to act promptly, decisively and strategically to protect your rights when challenged or infringed. You will benefit directly from our incisive commercial acumen in anticipating potential problems, clarifying issues, advising on appropriate responses and advocating robustly on your behalf.
You will also benefit from the seamless integration of our patent attorneys, trade mark attorneys and litigation lawyers to deliver practical commercial advice and optimum results in a focused, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Shelston IP acts to enforce and defend IP rights through:
- litigating disputes – large and small – in relation to all facets of IP, including patents, trade marks, designs, copyright, passing off, confidential information and trade practices legislation
- preliminary actions including interlocutory injunctions, Anton Piller orders and customs seizures
- alternative dispute resolution procedures, including negotiation, mediation and arbitration
- patent, trade mark and design opposition, infringement and revocation proceedings
- advice on validity and enforceability of third-party rights.