Manufacturing technology is advancing at an amazing pace, with new and innovative systems, processes and techniques enabling development of sophisticated new products, as well as improvements in production costs, efficiencies, reliability, and pollution control. IP protection plays an important role in helping recoup research and development investments in these technologies, preventing copying by competitors and encouraging continuing advancement.
Shelston IP attorneys have expertise and/or experience across all of the major manufacturing technologies including:
- micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS)
- nanotechnology and nanomanufacturing
- fibre optics
- additive manufacturing – 3D printing
- automated systems
- artificial intelligence – AI
- distributed manufacturing
- autonomous machines
- materials handling
- flexible manufacturing systems (FMS)
- computer aided manufacturing (CAM)
- bioprocess and biologic manufacturing technologies
- chemical process technologies
- genetic engineering techniques
- fractional and cryogenic separation and floatation separation
- recyclable thermoplastics.
Many of our attorneys have had direct manufacturing industry experience and our clients include, as a small example, market leading manufacturers of household devices, personal care products, household cleaning products, food products, construction tools, building products and high tech electrical and electronic devices.